As fascinating it sounds, organizing Taj Mahal Tours requires efforts and knowledge. One needs to know the best time to visit the site and the history of the place.
The tour of India is incomplete if you do not travel to the mystic wonder of the world- Taj Mahal. Taj Mahal is a stone in the crown of the Mughal Architecture. An epitome of love that Mughal King Shah Jahan got constructed for his late beloved wife Mumtaz, the monument is in Agra, a city in Uttar Pradesh. Taj Mahal is a popular tourist site situated on the banks of Yamuna River.
When planning a trip to Agra, you need to consider the following factors:
- Choosing from the various Taj Mahal Tour Packages:
A trip to Taj Mahal usually ends in a day. However, if you consider visiting other monuments of Agra such as Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri, you must choose the package accordingly. One can choose from packages that offer a private tour of Taj Mahal to full-day sightseeing tours.
- The right season to visit:
To avoid the scorching heat in summers and downpour in the monsoon, it is recommended to plan your tour between October and March. Spring is considered the ideal time for the visit as the weather is pleasant.
- What time of day to visit the Taj Mahal:
Taj Mahal seems to alter its shades in the changing light of the day. There are three prime times to visit the historic site. These are at sunrise, sunset, and on a full moon night. Entry to Taj Mahal opens at 6 a.m. and visiting there at sunrise saves you from the peak hours rush. You manage to take amazing pictures of the site. As sunset draws near, it becomes cooler and beautiful. Walking in the premises becomes easy as marble cools down. Entry to Taj Mahal is open for moonlight viewing on full moon nights from 8:30 p.m. until 12:30 a.m.
- Gain the prerequisite knowledge:
- You should be well-informed about the different entry gates so that you can enter the premises easily. There are three entry gates—South, East, and West.
- The West gate is for the Indian visitors and generally has the longest queues. It is a preferred option at sunrise.
- The East Gate is for the foreign tourists because it is well connected to the popular hotels.
- The South Gate is the least used gate. This gate is for the budget and independent travelers. This gate does not open until 8:00 a.m.
- The Festivals: A week-long festival is organized at Shilpgram in Agra, from February 18-27 annually. The festival emphasizes recreating the Mughal era through its art, crafts, and culture. The festival creates a captivating aura with the processions and food festivals.
When planning Taj Mahal Tours, do not just focus on taking the pictures. It is necessary to consider these factors for a hassle-free trip.